Thursday, June 7, 2012

Summer Food

Bagels in the break room today..and not just bagels but Panera bagels..Bagels are one of my very favorite comfort foods..memories of bagel sandwiches as a kid and bagels with coffee on work mornings when I was a nanny..no food quite so cozy. Lately it's been too hot to cook much and when I grocery shop this week, I plan on buying and serving cold cut type foods..bagels and cream cheese, variety of crackers with sliced meats and cheeses, pickles, carrots and celery with dip, tortilla chips and guacamole and salsa, grapes and watermelon, hard boiled eggs. Other nice summer meal ideas are fried eggs on the griddle then toast bread with cheese and place egg on top..and burritos with scrambled eggs, diced onions and bell peppers, salsa and cheese in a tortilla with sour cream on the side..

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!!