11. Motivation: Internal versus External: A. Thank instead of Praise, B. Encourage (unconditional) instead of Praise (conditional), C. Focus on Process (promotes the purpose over the product, D. Use "You" statements describing what she did, E. Use "I" statement describing how I feel about what she did
12. Human Interaction is the essence of a baby's environment
13. Allow for silent and alone times interspersed with activity and togetherness.
14. Emotional Intelligence = A. Who am I?, B. What am I feeling? C. Identify & Manage Emotions in Relation to Others
15. Personality style is how she organizes her attributes, thoughts, feelings, attitudes, behaviors, and coping mechanisms
16. Learn personality traits by rating:
A. Activity Level, B. Rhythmicity of bodily functions, C. Approach or Withdrawal, D. Adaptability, E. Sensory threshold, F. Quality of Mood: ie. upbeat or serious G. Intensity of reactions, H. Distractability, I. Persistence & Attention Span