Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Glycemic Index Diet for the Family


So I have been on a diet for the past 2 weeks, primarily trying to stay away from breads and refined sugar. I have been pretty faithful in sticking to it and it is not that hard..however, I don't feel as if I'm losing much. I sense that I am still eating too much fat. Today I did some research on the Glycemic Index, knowing that so many diets swear by this. I liked the balance it supplied and made a list of low glycemic index foods:

I think this is something I can help my whole family follow.

To summarize, it listed food such as:

Lower Glycemic Foods:

All-bran cereal, Special K cereal, Oatmeal

Whole Grain Breads

Most fruit & 100% fruit juices (MINUS watermelon, pineapple and raisins)

Slimfast Meal Replacement, Nuts, Corn Chips, Sponge Cake, Oatmeal Crackers

Chicken, Ground Turkey (for me), Lean Beef, Lean Pork, Tuna, Cottage Cheese, Eggs

1% Milk (for me), Light Yogurt and Frozen Yogurt

Pasta, Couscous, Lima Beans, Sweet Potatoes, Black-Eyed Peas, Boiled Potato, Most other non-starchy veggies

Limit:

Whole Milk, Butter, Cheese, Beef, Peanut Butter, Oils

information found here & here

image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile!!!