Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Recipes ~ Snickerdoodle Bars, Nutella Brownies, and Buttermilk Cornbread

My baking day is Wednesday and I went all out. A lot of people like to bake with wine to sip on. My chosen drink during baking is Diet Coke. So much fun!!! I found recipes and altered them. My family does not like things too sweet so I really lowered the amounts of sugar in these first 2 recipes.


Lightly Sweetened Snickerdoodle Bars ~ great for Breakfast
9x13 pan
Stir together 2  cups flour, 1 t baking powder, 1 t baking soda, 1 t cream of tartar, 1/2 t salt, 1 T cinnamon
Add 2/3 cup sugar, 3 eggs 1/4 cup sour cream, 3/4 cup butter
Mix well and pour into greased 9x13 pan
Sprinkle with a mix of cinnamon and sugar
Bake between 325 and 350, depending on your oven for 25-35 minutes
Nutella Brownies
9x13 pan
Stir together 2 cups flour,  3/4 t baking powder, 1/2 t baking soda, 1/2 t salt
Add 3/4 cup butter, 3/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup sugar, 2 eggs, 1 T vanilla, 1/2 cup Nutella, 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Mix well and pour into greased 9x13 pan
Bake between 325 and 350, depending on your oven for 25-35 minutes


Buttermilk Cornbread ~ serve at coffee or teatime with butter and applesauce on top
Big pan

Mix 4 boxes of Jiffy Corn Muffin Mix, 1 1/3 cups buttermilk, 5 eggs
Pour into greased pan
Bake at 325 for approx. 20 minutes

Linked at:

1 comment:

  1. Everything looks awesome, but yummmo The Snickerdoodle Bars are my kind of breakfast. I bet they are a huge hit with the kids.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make me smile!!!